Events and Exhibitions by date2019
Surface and Materials ShowAdd to calendar
- 08 Oct - 10 Oct
- Birmingham, UK
- URL: https://www.ukconstructionweek.com/surface-and-materials
Surface & Materials Show showcases the latest surface solutions for architects, interior designers, specifiers and industry professionals looking for cutting-edge innovations.
Open Design AfrikaAdd to calendar
- 18 Oct - 27 Oct
- Cape Town, South Africa
- URL: http://opendesignct.com/
Open DesignAfrika is the unifying thread that links innovation, education and community as the building blocks of a sustainable, inclusive, prosperous society. The Open Design Afrikafestival brings these concepts together in a 12-day programme of inspiration, discussion and discovery.
NEXT DESIGN PERSPECTIVES 2019Add to calendar
- 29 Oct - 29 Oct
- Gucci Hub Via Mecenate 77, 20138, Milan, Italy
- URL: https://www.nextdesignperspectives.com/
Altagamma presents the concept for the second edition of NEXT DESIGN PERSPECTIVES - "Where Are We Going?"- along with the themes and list of international speakers including Patricia Urquiola, Designer; Ben Page, CEO Ipsos Mori; Klaus Busse, Head of Design of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles; Carlo Ratti, Architect and Director of the Sensible City Lab at MIT Boston and Marcus Engman, Former Head of Design, IKEA among others.
Taking place in Milan on Tuesday 29th October and curated by Deyan Sudjic, Director of the Design Museum in London, this unmissable event explores the impact of social and technological changes through the focus of design and creativity.
NEXT DESIGN PERSPECTIVES offers a day of insights and speculation on design, lifestyle and consumption trends, which will have a significant impact on the cultural and creative industries. The event is hosted by Altagamma, an organisation that gathers leading high-end Italian cultural and creative companies, recognized globally as authentic ambassadors of Italian style.
Held in Milan at the Gucci Hub, NEXT DESIGN PERSPECTIVES will explore the key themes that together provide an overall insight into the issues that designers must address in our changing world.
According to Andrea Illy, Chairman of Altagamma: "Fondazione Altagamma is a think tank for 'Made in Italy' and NEXT DESIGN PERSPECTIVES is a moment for investigating the future - for the benefit of its member companies and design-based industries. Fashion, design, furniture, food & beverage, automotive, yachts and hospitality are the preeminent fields represented by Altagamma and they all share the need to manage global macro changes and to forerun prominent cultural trends. NEXT DESIGN PERSPECTIVES provides a moment for speculation and regeneration, and an opportunity for innovation".
The international speakers and leading experts of NEXT DESIGN PERSPECTIVES 2019 will include:
- Patricia Urquiola: Architect and Designer
- Klaus Busse: Head of Design at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Marcus Engman: former Head of Design, IKEA and CEO & Creative Director, Skewed
- Piero Lissoni: Architect and Designer
- Davide Oldani: Chef
- Ben Page: CEO, Ipsos MORI
- Carlo Ratti: Director, Sensible City Lab - MIT, Boston
- Roberto Cingolani: Scientific Director, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT - Italian Institute of Technology)
- Claudia D'Arpizio: Partner, Bain & Company
- Philipp Rode: Executive Director, LSE (London School of Economics) Cities and Co-Director, Executive MSc in Cities, LSE
- Vittorio Radice: Vice-Chairman, la Rinascente
- Johanna Agerman Ross: Founder, DISEGNO and Curator, Twentieth Century and Contemporary Furniture and Product Design, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
- Tony Chambers: Creative Director, Design Consultant and Editor; Founder, studio TC & Friends
Sleep + EatAdd to calendar
- 19 Nov - 20 Nov
- Olympia London
- URL: https://www.sleepandeatevent.com/
Inimitable hospitality experiences happen when concept, design, style and innovation unite and preconceptions are left behind. Sleep + Eat brings together the visionaries that represent each, and in turn defines the evolution of hotel, restaurant and bar design.
FX AwardsAdd to calendar
- 27 Nov - 27 Nov
- Grosvenor Hotel in London
- URL: http://www.fxdesignawards.co.uk/
Now in their 20th year, the prestigious FX Awards invite both UK and International design talent from all over the world to enter the very best interior products and projects. Organised by FX Magazine, these coveted awards and the grand, glamorous black-tie ceremony which celebrates them at the Grosvenor Hotel in London, are the highlights of the design industry calendar just before Christmas.