Share your vertical snaps for the chance to win weekly prizes including a MacBook Air
Over the next six weeks Blueprint is teaming up with acoustic ceiling system and wall panel manufacturer Ecophon for an exciting photography competition on social media titled #verticalview.
Coinciding with the launch of Ecophon's Akusto One, a new series of flexible sound absorbers that can be used to create innovative designs and patterns on a wall, we would like you to share an image of something vertical or vertical inspired.
We know you're a creative lot so we've left the brief open for interpretation. Look up and around you, #verticalview competition is all about sharing architecturally interesting or graphically inspiring moments, whether it's the straight lines of a skyscraper, the patterns of tiles on the underground or the shadows cast by scaffolding poles. Most of all, be creative... do you see patterns in overhead wires, intricate details on rooftops or shapes in treetop branches?
To enter, simply upload your image to Instagram or Twitter, mention and follow both @blueprint.mag and @ecophonuk, and make sure to use the hashtag #verticalview so we can see your image(s).
Each week, we'll pick our favourite who will win a rotring rapidograph Technical Drawing Pen 4 Pen College set, worth £80, then at the end of the six weeks, all the images will go into the draw to win a MacBook Air. Entries will be judged on creative flare, unusual composition and an eye for detail.
Wolfgang Buttress' pavilion Milan Expo 2015
The first #verticalview winner will be announced on Tuesday 29 March, with weekly winners revealed on 5 April, 12 April, 19 April, 26 April and 3 May. The competition closes Tuesday 3 May, with the overall winner announced on Friday 6 May.
Terms and conditions #verticalview competition
1. The competition is open to all UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, Saint-Gobain Ecophon AB or Saint-Gobain Construction Products Ltd t/a Saint-Gobain Ecophon, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw
2. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary
3. Entries may be submitted by the following methods:
a. Via the notification of the Instagram accounts - @blueprint.mag or @ecophonuk through the hashtag #verticalview and the direct mention of either of the accounts
b. Via notification of the Twitter accounts - @blueprintmag or @ecophonuk through the hashtag #verticalview and the direct mention of either of the accounts
c. Via submission to the Pinterest page @ecophon
d. Via email to email@example.com
4. Submission of your entry is not proof of acceptance. Should you have any concerns about your entry, please contact the Promoter directly
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind
6. The opening date for entries is 9am on 14/03/2016. The closing date of the competition is 12AM on 25/04/2016. Entries received after this time will not be accepted
7. Each weekly winner will be chosen by judges from Blueprint and Ecophon on the preceding Monday. The overall winner will be chosen by judges from Blueprint and Ecophon in the week of 25th April 2016
7.The weekly winner ('s) will receive a Rotring rapidograph Technical Drawing Pen 4 Pen College Set, or similar as identified by the Promoter.The overall winner will receive an 11-inch, 128GB storage MacBook Air, or similar alternative as identified by the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes if necessary, and no discussion will be entered into
8. The winner ('s) will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) on the day of judging and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within SEVEN days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above
9. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within SEVEN days of being notified of their win
The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
10. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it
11. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions
12. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so
13. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. Entrants will retain copyright for their photographs
14. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize
15. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts
16. The Promoter of this prize draw is Blueprint a trading name of World Market Intelligence Ltd of John Carpenter House, 7 Carmelite Street, London EC4Y 0BS
17. By entering the competition participants will automatically receive our weekly newsletter, which may be opted out of at any time